Saturday, January 14, 2006

Rat in Chinese restaurant



I thought this chicken head in the hot pot would be the most exciting thing I'd see tonight but oh how wrong I was. I'm down in Lijiang, Yunnan Province, again but this time on our annual firm outing. Tonight we went to a hot pot restaurant in the Old Town, the same place we went to last night because the food was so good. Yvette, one of my colleagues, saw a rat running across the floor - we were a bit disturbed by this but kept on with the meal. What drew the line was a rat running across my lap. I am not kidding. We were sitting on these benches and I don't know how it got up there but I felt something on my lap as I was eating and I looked down and there was a rat there!!!! It was awful. Sorry I was not quick enough to get a photo.... I screamed and pushed it off and we left fairly quickly after that. The other patrons didn't seem too perturbed, they just kept on with the excellent hot pot. Perhaps we should have not been so sensitive but just thrown it in and ate it too!!!

No comments: