Monday, August 15, 2005

Taipei airport waffle

Getting to Taipei from Shanghai is not straightforward. In fact its the opposite. I had to fly to Hong Kong in order to then fly to Taipei. You cannot get a direct flight. And if you look at the map, that means flying practically over Taipei on the way to Hong Kong (about half way through the flight) and then flying back again.

Now I'm stuck in Taipei airport for a few hours on my way out again - going to Hong Kong for a few days (where I will hopefully open a HKD bank account) and then back to Shanghai.

Im exploring some other options for hosting my blog site, it sucks not being able to see it and the comments. I actually got to look at it just now since I'm in Taiwan and its not blocked here, but I couldn't leave any comments back to people as this computer is stuffed.

So anyway to be honest I'm not in the best mood as I've been in the airport for nearly three hours and when I tried to check in they told me I didn't have a ticket. So I had to get some taiwanese dollars (NKD) so that I could call my colleague in China and ask her what was going on. I tried to by NKD with RMB (Chinese currency) and of course they wouldn't have a bar of it, were quite offended I think. Luckily I'd had US$20 hanging around in my wallet for the last few months, it turns out its come in handy.

So I rang my colleague, but after a bit of too and fro it turned out the airline lady had got it wrong and my ticket was fine. This is the sucky side of business travel. Hanging around in airports. Taipei airport I would give a 6 / 10. Singapore is still the best in my books. Free internet access is great. For this internet access I had to get a three hour pass to the business centre which cost $29US. The only way to check my work emails today. STayed at the Sheraton last night when we arrived in Taipei but a real waste as we got in at about 1am and left for the client at 8.30am.

Anyway, this is seriously bad waffle so I'll sign off. My plane starts boarding soon as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site Bec, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for And Currency yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site And Currency I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!