Thursday, July 07, 2005

How many days left?

It's been more than 8 days since my last post and I'M STILL IN AUSTRALIA. There are a few things still being sorted out on the work side of things so all I can do is dream and surf the internet. I was looking through my Lonely Planet, and came across THIS idea:


So let me know if you're interested! Apparently the real trans-Siberian is Moscow to Vladivostok, whereas Moscow to Beijing is the trans-Manchurian or trans-Mongolian. there also seem to be some options to do a round trip from Beijing up to Vladivostok through Mongolia, which sound fun. Searching on the web I found a nice travelogue site on China, Mongolia, Russia and the trans-Mongolian rail (and lots of other places around the globe where this traveller has been), with lots of cool photos. Check it out here if you're interested. Looking at the map now I realise most of it isn't actually in China so I may receive some criticism over this. I'm planning to go to lots of places in China too!

Rob, my journo friend, has given me my top 5 goals for while I'm in China. They are:
  1. Learn to speak Chinese.
  2. Recite Dr Suess's 'Sleep Book' in Chinese (a favourite of mine, that is in the English).
  3. Travel to all the must see tourist sites in China.

  4. Bring back a Chinese kitchen utensil not commonly found in Australia and use it to cook at a dinner party when I get back.
I've forgotten the other one so hopefully Rob will remind me, and by doing so participate in my self-indulgent blog.


1 comment:

Bec said...

Glad you like the lions. I'm sure you will see more of them in this blog.